What is the difference between the Upgrade and Custom installation options?
There's is a huge confusion over the term Upgrade for Windows 7. The terms are used to describe the price variant as well as the term used in the installation process. Now if you buy the Windows Upgrade, you will get the Upgrade and Custom options during the installation. The Upgrade version can only be opted if you are already running Vista. Choosing the Upgrade option carries your applications, documents, settings and user accounts over to the new OS. In case you are not coming from Vista, go for the Custom option which would ensure fresh installation. For the Windows XP user, they will want to backup before continuing as they will not be able to migrate applications, documents, settings and user accounts over to the new OS using the Custom install option.
- Test FAQ
- Classroom Technology
- Access Control List (ACL) Management
- Building Wiring for Voice, Video, & Data
- Data Circuits
- Device Registration
- Domain Name Service (DNS) Server
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- FSU Campus WiFi
- How can I find the MAC address for my gami...
- IP Address Management
- Internet/Network Access: Main Campus
- Internet/Network Access: Off-Campus
- Network Services
- ResNet - Residence Hall Network
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service
- Support Services
- Web Services
- Billing & Invoices
- How to submit a case or report an error
- ITS Home
- ITS Service Desk