Need help with something not covered below or in our FAQs? Click here to learn how to use Skype for Business' built in help tool to take advantage of everything Skype has to offer.
Skype for Business includes an add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016 that allows you to schedule Skype for Business meetings directly from Outlook. Invitees, even those outside of Florida State University, will be sent a calendar invite with a link that will allow them to join remotely, even if they do not have Skype for Business or Lync installed. To schedule a Skype for Business meeting within Outlook, do the following:
- From the Mail window click New Items to expand a list of Outlook tasks and select Skype Meeting
- A new meeting window should pop up and the body of the invite will be pre-populated with a link to the Skype meeting, as shown below:
- Fill in all meeting details such as To, Subject, Location (if there will be in-person attendees) and Start/End time.
- You may add additional details, such as an agenda, to the body of the message; however be careful not to delete the Skype meeting link
- (Optional) Click Meeting Options to bring up the Meeting Options window if you want to change how your meeting space is configured and have greater control over attendees and content. By default, anyone with the link can join a Skype meeting and view any attachments or presentations.
- Control the type of meeting space. "My dedicated meeting space (less secure)" is the default setting and will not allow you to change settings 2-4.
- Control who will be placed in to a "Lobby" and must be allowed in to the meeting by a Presenter. Attendees in the lobby will not be able to hear any conversation or see any presentations or attachments.
- Control who is a Presenter. Only Presenters can share content and let attendees join the meeting from the Lobby.
- Control what features the meeting will support.
- Once you have finished changing your settings, click Remember Settings if you want these to be the default settings for all Skype meetings you create or click OK to only use these settings for this meeting.
- Click Send
- To join the meeting, attendees must click the Join Skype Meeting link during the established time. Attendees can also test the meeting link beforehand to ensure that their audio and video are working properly.
You can also schedule a Skype meeting by clicking the New Skype Meeting button from the Outlook Calendar view, as shown below.