A Generic Account is an account that is used by a service or an application. Mailboxes or use as a temporary account for employees are not permitted for Generic Accounts.
To request a Generic Account please submit a case at http://servicecenter.fsu.edu. When requesting a new Generic Account, please provide the following information:
- Description - Include a short description to describe the purpose of the account.
- Department - Include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation to identify ownership and possible location of the account.
- User Logon Name - The account user name. The logon name must be in the format of COLL-RequestedName, DEPT-RequestedName, or ORG-RequestedName. College, department, or organization abbreviation must precede the requested name and not exceed 20 characters.
- Display Name - The name that is both displayed in the Global Address List (GAL) and on an email when sending messages. By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request Branding approval for a Display Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Full Name - The full name of the account. By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to email@example.com to request Branding approval for a Full Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Manager - The person listed as the technical manager of the generic mailbox account. Having the technical manager contact information is helpful for organizational purposes.
- Group Membership – List any Security Groups for which this Generic Account will need to be a member.
- Computer Logon – A Generic Account can be configured to logon to a computer. By default, this is not configured but can be by request.