A Generic Mailbox (Room) is a generic mailbox for a physical room, which is typically used to schedule use of the room and which appears in the GAL.
A Generic Mailbox (Room) is not designed for bulk mailing. For more information on bulk mailing services at FSU, please reference the following pages:
Please note that Exchange Online has the following limits with regards to message limits and recipient and sender limits
Message size limit - Outlook: 35 MB
Message size limit - OWA: 35 MB
Message size limit - Outlook for Mac: 35 MB
Message size limit - migration: 35 MB
Subject length limit: 255 characters
File attachments limit: 250 attachments
File attachment size limit - Outlook: 35 MB
File attachment size limit - OWA: 35 MB
File attachment size limit - Outlook for Mac: 35 MB
Multipart message limit: 250 parts
Embedded message depth limit: 30 embedded messages
Recipient and Sender limits
Messages received: 3600 messages per hour
Recipient rate limit: 10,000 recipients per day
Recipient limit: 500 recipients
Recipient proxy address limit: 400
Message rate limit (SMTP client submission only): 30 messages per minute
Recipient rate limit: No limit
Recipient limit: 500 recipients
Recipient proxy address limit: 200
To request a Generic Mailbox (Room) please submit a case at http://servicecenter.fsu.edu. When requesting a new Generic Mailbox (Room), please provide the following information:
- Description - Include a short description to describe the physical room (eg. Building, Room Number, etc.)
- Department - Include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation to identify ownership and possible location of the mailbox.
- User Logon Name - The account user name. The logon name must be in the format of "BUILDING(3/4)-ROOMNUMBER(3/4)-XXXX" or "DEPT(3)-BUILDING(3)-ROOMNUMBER(3/4)-XXXX". Building abbreviation and room numbers must precede the requested name and not exceed 20 characters or contain any spaces.
- Display Name - The name that is displayed in the Global Address List (GAL). By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request Branding approval for a Display Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Full Name - The full name of the account. By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to email@example.com to request Branding approval for a Full Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Full Access Group – Mail-Enabled Security Group that is delegated “full access” to the mailbox. A Mail Enabled Security Group is required to delegate “full access” permissions on the mailbox. Please see the section on Mail-Enabled Security Group for more information.
- Primary SMTP Address - The primary email address that is used when sending from the account. By default, the user logon name followed by @fsu.edu is used. All other primary SMTP requests followed by @fsu.edu must have branding approval. Primary SMTPs requested on a departmental email domain (e.g. @DEPT.fsu.edu) must have the approval of the departmental IT staff.
- Secondary SMTP Address - Additional email addresses can be requested for a Generic Mailbox (Room) to receive mail, but are not used when sending mail.
- “Send As” permissions - Send As permissions can be requested for the associated Full Access Group.
- “Send on Behalf” permissions - Send on Behalf permissions can be requested for the associated Full Access Group.
- Hidden from the Global Address List - By default, a Generic Mailbox (Room) is not hidden from the Global Address List, but this can be done by request.
- Manager - The person listed as the technical manager of the generic mailbox account. Having the technical manager contact information is helpful for organizational purposes.