A Generic Mailbox (Equipment) is a generic mailbox for equipment, which is typically used to schedule use of equipment and which appears in the GAL.
A Generic Mailbox (Equipment) is not designed for bulk mailing. For more information on bulk mailing services at FSU, please reference the following page: http://its.fsu.edu/service-catalog/communication-collaboration/mass-emails
Please note that Exchange Online has the following limits with regards to message limits and recipient and sender limits:
- Message size* | Outlook: 150 MB; Outlook for Mac: 150 MB; OWA: 112 MB; Migration: 150 MB
- Subject length | 255 characters
- File attachments | 250 attachments
- File attachment size | Outlook: 150 MB; Outlook for Mac: 150 MB; OWA: 35 MB
- Multipart message | 250 parts
- Embedded message depth | 30 embedded messages
*Individual department email systems may have varying message size limits; please check with your department on their maximum message size limits.
Recipient and Sender Limits
- Messages received | 3,600 messages/hour
- Recipient rate | 10,000 recipients/day
- Recipients | 500 recipients
- Message rate | 30 messages/minute (SMTP client submission only)
To request a Generic Mailbox (Equipment) please submit a case at http://servicecenter.fsu.edu. When requesting a new Generic Mailbox (Equipment), please provide the following information:
- Description - Include a short description to describe the equipment (eg. Computer, Projector, etc.)
- Department - Include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation to identify ownership and possible location of the mailbox.
- User Logon Name - The account user name. The logon name must be in the format of COLL-RequestedName, DEPT-RequestedName, or ORG-RequestedName. College, department, or organization abbreviation must precede the requested name and not exceed 20 characters or contain any spaces .
- Display Name - The name that is displayed in the Global Address List (GAL). By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request Branding approval for a Display Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Full Name - The full name of the account. By default, the user logon name is used. Anything else must have Branding approval. Send an email to email@example.com to request Branding approval for a Full Name that does not match the User Logon Name.
- Full Access Group – Mail-Enabled Security Group that is delegated “full access” to the mailbox. A Mail Enabled Security Group is required to delegate “full access” permissions on the mailbox. Please see the section on Mail-Enabled Security Group for more information.
- Primary SMTP Address - The primary email address that is used when sending from the account. By default, the user logon name followed by @fsu.edu is used. All other primary SMTP requests followed by @fsu.edu must have branding approval. Primary SMTPs requested on a departmental email domain (e.g. @DEPT.fsu.edu) must have the approval of the departmental IT staff.
- Secondary SMTP Address - Additional email addresses can be requested for a Generic Mailbox (Equipment) to receive mail, but are not used when sending mail.
- “Send As” permissions - Send As permissions can be requested for the associated Full Access Group.
- “Send on Behalf” permissions - Send on Behalf permissions can be requested for the associated Full Access Group.
- Hidden from the Global Address List - By default, a Generic Mailbox (Equipment) is not hidden from the Global Address List, but this can be done by request.
- Manager - The person listed as the technical manager of the generic mailbox account. Having the technical manager contact information is helpful for organizational purposes.