An email generic mailbox can be used to schedule use of equipment, rooms and resources which appears in the GAL. These are not designed for bulk mailing. For bulk mailing, check out our Mass Email service.
To request a generic mailbox, please submit a support request with the following information:
- Description - Include a short description for the equipment, room, or resource
- Department - Include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation.
- User logon name - Anything other than below will need branding approval.
- Equipment/Regular | COLL-RequestedName, DEPT-RequestedName, or ORG-RequestedName.
- Room | BUILDING(3/4)-ROOMNUMBER(3/4)-XXXX or DEPT(3)-BUILDING(3)-ROOMNUMBER(3/4)-XXXX
- Display name - The name that is both displayed in the Global Address List (GAL) and on an email when sending messages. By default, the user logon name is used.
- Full name - The full name of the account. By default, the user logon name is used.
- Primary SMTP address - The primary email address of the account. By default, the User logon name (from step 2 above) followed by @fsu.edu is used. A secondary SMTP address can be requested, branding approval may be required.
- (Optional) “Send As” and "Send on Behalf" permissions - "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" permissions can be requested for the associated full access group.
- (Optional) Hidden from the Global Address List - By default, a generic mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List, but this can be done by request.
- (Optional) Manager - The person listed as the technical manager of the generic mailbox account. Having the technical manager contact information is helpful for organizational purposes.