An email security group is used to grant security access.
To request a mail-enabled security group be created, please submit a support request with the following information:
- Description – Include a short description to describe the purpose of the group.
- Department – Include the full department name and the 3 or 4 letter department abbreviation to identify ownership and possible location of the group.
- AD name – Anything other than COLL-RequestedName, DEPT-RequestedName, or ORG-RequestedName will require branding approval. DL can also be included in the AD Name to make it easier to identify distribution lists. .
- (Optional) Manager - The person listed as the technical manager of the group. Having the technical manager contact information is helpful for organizational purposes.
- (Optional) Mail-Enabled - Members will also receive email messages sent to this group. For this, also include the following:
- Primary SMTP Address - The primary email address of the account. By default, the AD Name followed by @fsu.edu is used. A secondary SMTP address can be requested.
- Hidden from the Global Address List - By default, it is not hidden from the Global Address List, but this can be done by request.