- Faculty and staff have free access to anti-virus/anti-malware software for FSU-owned computers. Send an email to email@example.com with your request and we will provide you with access to the software.
- Students have free access to Microsoft's Security Essentials and can download the software at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download.
- FSU does not provide antivirus/anti-malware for Apple computers.
- Mac OS X comes with its own protection called XProtect that provides minimal protection.
- Other free products available online include Avast, Avira, ClamXAv, Comodo, Norton, and Sophos (in alphabetical order). Each product has its own features which may include on-demand scanning, on-accessing scanning, scan scheduling, and email scanning.