Duo Tokens, also known as security or hardware tokens, are small hardware devices that can be used as an alternative to using your phone, tablet or the Duo Mobile app when going through two-factor authentication (2FA). These portable devices will generate a passcode that you can enter when you need to complete the two-factor authentication process to access a protected FSU site or service.
- How to obtain a Duo hardware token
- How to activate a Duo hardware token
- How to complete two-factor authentication with a hardware token
- Troubleshooting a hardware token
How to obtain a Duo hardware token
For Duo Token availability and pricing information, contact the FSU Bookstore (850-644-2072).
How to activate a Duo hardware token
To activate a purchased Duo Token and sync it with your two-factor authentication (2FA) account, contact the ITS Service Desk at 850-644-HELP (4357) or help.fsu.edu.
How to complete two-factor authentication with a hardware token
To complete two-factor authentication using the device:
- Access any protected page or application, such as your My Profile page in myFSU
- Click Enter a Passcode
- Press the button on your hardware token to generate a new temporary passcode which will appear on its screen
- Enter the passcode from your hardware token into the box and click Log in
Troubleshooting a hardware token
Your Duo Token can get "out of sync" if the button is pressed too many times in a row without the generated passcodes being used. If your token stops working or you are not able to complete two-factor authentication with the passcode it gives you, submit a support request or contact the ITS Service Desk at 850-644-HELP (4357) or help.fsu.edu.